Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's all about who you know

I have come to realize that most of the time finding a job just comes down to knowing the right people. Well in my case, it came down to me knowing my fabulous friend Whitney. She called me the other day and asked if I would like a job at The Silk Garden, which is a cute home furnishings store in Turlock. She was told that the owner was looking for some part time workers and was about to go to an interview. She didn't really want to work there, though, since she is trying to become a teacher. So I went in that same day and talked to the owner and got a job!! I am so exicted!! I will finally be able to put my education to use. I will mainly be helping with the displays in the store and hopefully going to some homes with her to do consultations. If nothing else, its just a way to finally get my foot in the door, especially since interior design is not a very big market here in small town California. I mean working at Foster Farms has been great and all, but I didn't go to college for 5 years to stuff envelopes, talk to crazy people from Alabama about their W2 forms, and file papers. Basically Whitney is my hero right now and I just love her.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! McKae that is seriously awesome about the new job! I am so happy/excited for you. I hope that you <3 it. As for being old and 24... don't worry, I'm right behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday McKae! Dont worry I am also 24, & its not so bad! Congratulations on the job, I am very jelous & im sure many of our fellow classmates are also!

    ReplyDelete