Thursday, January 7, 2010

Out with the old

2009 was a great year with lots of new things happening. I can't believe how fast is flew by but I am excited for what 2010 may have in store for us! In case you don't already know, here's a brief summary of all the exciting times of last year. The first few month pretty much just involved snow, the library, and lots and lots of hours spent on the computers at the Clarke buildnig at BYU-Idaho so I'll jump ahead to April...

  • April- We got engaged and graduated from BYU-Idaho!! Fabulous Month! We then moved to California by my parents in hopes of finding jobs.
  • May- didnt have jobs and just hung out all day and went to the gym. My mom and I planned the wedding, with the occasional input from Nate, he didn't really care what we did.
  • June- Nate got a job at Foster Farms and is very happy there. I got a job Macy's, I was not quite as happy.
  • July- Wedding time!! We got married on the 11th in the Oakland temple. It was a great day with all of our families and friends there.
  • August-Took a trip to Michigan for a reception in Nate's home town. Went camping with his fam and went to Macinac Island for a second honey moon coutesy of mom and dad King.
  • September- I decided that I didnt want to work at Macy's anymore so I left in search of a new job, not before buying a couple pairs of jeans with my discount first :) A week later I got a job at Foster Farms in the accounting department.
  • October-Celebrated Nate's 26th birthday!
  • November- Went to Disneyland with Nate's friends Leo and Lise for Thanksgiving.
  • December- Celebrated christmas in Turlock with my family. Spent time with Dev and La and their pup Howard.

There are a lot of things that I want to do this year and goals I want to accomplish. Here's my list of new years resolutions... feel free to check up on me any time to see how I am donig

  • Learn to cook and try a new recipe every week so my hubs doesn't starve to death
  • Find a job related to my major
  • Learn how to sew
  • Wake up early and go to the gym with Nate
  • Go to the temple more
  • Finish all the books I started last year... I'm not a big reader and I get bored way too easily
  • Learn Photoshop
  • Get a Cricut cutter

1 comment: