Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's been a while so..

I thought I would give a little update on our lives. So here is what we have been up to…
1.I made this little guy for mutual. I thought it turned it out pretty dang cute.

And I made this one for Father's Day, it's golf cake if you couldn't tell.

2. Nate left me for a weekend and went to Canada for his friend Logan’s wedding. I was sad I couldn’t go but Nate did such a good job taking lots of pictures of her dress for me since I have this new obsession with wedding dresses. They are such a cute couple!


3. Speaking of wedding dresses, is anyone else in love with Say Yes to the Dress like I am? Seriously, I cannot get enough of this show, in fact I am watching it right now! I just love seeing all the gorgeous dresses and wishing that I could go wedding dress shopping again. These girls spend some serious cash on wedding dresses. At the time I thought my dress was expensive, but if I would have walked into that store and told them my budget and that I was getting married in 3 months I probably would have been laughed at and asked to leave.
How cute is this dress??

4. I just saw a commercial for 19 Kids and Counting and in the little preview the mom says to one of the kids who was trying to touch the new baby, “no touch baby, no touch baby.” After seeing that I have just decided that I will always speak in complete sentences to my children… I will also never have 19 children.

5. We bought this…

Yep, we are the proud owners of Sno Shack! It obviously needs a little work, you know, paint job, a new window, the usual. Hopefully we will be open for business next Summer, but we had our first gig, if you will, this weekend. Woods Furniture was having a big Labor Day sale/party and asked if we would bring it to the store Saturday through Monday. We didn’t have much time to get everything ready so we just did the best we could. It’s really not very mobile, I mean look at the tiny little tires on that guy, so Nate and my dad carefully drove it on some back roads to the store. So it has been a busy week getting it all ready. I made a sign and some business cards, and Nate made lots of syrups. For now we have named it Sno King, we may change it later, but we shall see. It’s going to be a fun little adventure.
Nate and his helper for the weekend Davis, Miss Stanislaus also made an appearance for the festivities at Woods.



8. I went to see Michael Buble in Sacramento with Whitney and a few other people. I absolutely love him. My expectations weren’t too high, but they were definitely exceeded!! Besides his amazing, mesmerizing voice, he is hilarious and very entertaining. So seriously, if you ever get the chance to go see him, I would definately take it!

4 comments:

  1. Awe! You guys are too cute! First of all...amazing cakes! You're so talented! and yes, I am probably as addicted to Say yes to the dress as you. Have you seen the new Atlanta version???

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you have so much excitement in your life!!! Those cakes are so beautiful...i want your skill and talent please! Annnndd...i love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome that you guys opened a snow cone business here. your cakes are amazing. you should start a cake business too. i love "say yes to the dress" even though i only tried on 2 dresses and went really simple with mine... i just like seeing all of the different designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! I record every episode of 'Say Yes to the Dress' AND the Atlanta version, too. Love it! Cute, cute cakes! And. I like that cake stand. :) :)

    ReplyDelete