Monday, August 8, 2011

Triple D

My dream job would be to host diners, drive-ins and dives on Food Network. I mean can you imagine, traveling around the country, eating delicious food and getting paid for it! Fabulous! But anyway, that show seems to be on all the time so Nate and I watch it quite often. We decided to start a little tradition of going to a restaurant from the show whenever we go somewhere new. We make sure we watch the YouTube video first so we know what to get. So far we gone to 3 of them, all in the bay area.

1. Gorilla BBQ in Pacifica






This has been my fave so far. It's an old box car and you have to eat in your car. We got a Philly cheesesteak and Mac Nd cheese. Both delish! The Mac and cheese was covered with gold fish, I mean come on, you can never go wrong with pasta and gold fish!

2. Falafel's Drive In- San Jose





We just went here on Saturday. I had never had a Falafel before, and had no idea what it was, but it sure was tasty! Besides being super yummy, it's also a fun word to say. Along with our falafel, we also got pita chips and the best banana milk shake I have ever tasted.

3. Santa Cruz Diner





This place was interesting. They had anything and everything on the menu. I think the owner is Vietnamese so it's really known for that kind of food, I could be wrong on the ethnicity though. Nate got some soup called Pha (I'm sure that's not how it was spelled). It wasn't bad, but not my favorite.

So if you are looking for some new tradition to start I recommend this, its quite fun!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment