

Mainly so I don't forget, here is a little recap of how it all down. Last Saturday the 21st at around 7 I started feeling a little funky. No contractions, just some back pain and crampy feelings. So we went to dinner with my parents and then to Target so my dad could get a new grill.
At 9 or so my weird crampy feeling started coming and going so I started timing it and I was not regular at all. They weren't super painful, just annoying. After a couple hours they were hurting a little worse and were about 5-8 minutes apart. So Nate and I went home to get some sleep in case this was the real deal. Of course I couldn't sleep because I was too busy timing them on my phone. By 1 they were 3-4 minutes apart so we decided to get ready and go to the hospital. I was reluctant to go because I was afraid they would send me home since I wasn't curling over in pain like my doc said I would be. Luckily when we got there I was dilated to a 6 and they admitted me.
I had been planning on having an epidural because well, I'm a baby and didn't want to go through all that pain. Unfortunately my bones are too close together and the anesthesiologist couldn't get the needle I'm the right spot. All the nurses were so shocked that it wouldn't work because apparently this guy was the best in the hospital. So basically, I was a little bummed and really nervous after that.
I was moving along pretty well but my doc came in and, without my knowledge, broke my water. That was a painful experience and after that my contractions really started to hurt. At 5ish I was at a 10 and was able to start pushing. A little less than an hour later Beck was here! It was the quite the experience. All the nurses and my doctor were shocked that I went so fast since this was my first babe. It wasn't the funnest experience but I am just so grateful that everything went smoothly and complication free.

Nate just waiting patiently playing on his phone


Daddy giving him his first bath. It's so cute to watch Nate with him, he's a great papa.

Beckham was all smushed inside of me so he had a serious cone head when he was born. It's slowly going away.

The Proud grandma. My parents got to be in the delivery room with us. At first I was planning on just having Nate in there but when then time came I didn't care at all who was in the room, I just wanted that baby out! They were great helps. My mom rubbed wet paper towels on my head to cool me down and my dad watched the contraction monitor and was very good at telling me when they were going to be over.
Welcome Beckham, we love you!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
No comments:
Post a Comment