Thursday, December 9, 2010

I don't really care for turkey but I love me some yams!

Welp, Thanksgiving has come and gone so I figure it is about time for me to document it for all to see. This year we went to St. George with my family. We were all able to stay in my sister in law Lauren's parents' vacation home and it was fabulous. The place was great with only one minor glitch... the oven.

I swear this little beast was trying to ruin our week. It all started Wednesday night while Lauryn was cooking us the most delicious enchiladas eva! Seriously, these things were delish! Anyway, as the enchiladas were doing their thing and just cooking away, the oven mysteriously got locked... by mysteriously I mean the person who pushed the lever to the side will remain nameless, but it was an honest mistake... So our glorious enchiladas just sat in the oven waiting to be taken out, but we obviously couldn't get the guy open. I blame the oven for this, I mean that lever was sticking straight out just waiting to be pushed

How many men does it take to unlock and oven...

15 minutes and a few screw drivers later... OPEN!

The next day was Thanksgiving and we thought our oven wowes were over, but we were wrong. This time, instead of not opening, it decided that it didn't want to close! So we had a chair sitting in front of it most the day to keep it closed, which was actually doing absolutely nothing except for getting in our way

Well, Friday came and a couple of boys went to fix the oven door and get it to close again. As they were unscrewing something and holding onto something else, the glass in the front of the door decided to just fall out. Yep, smashed, shattered, glass splattered all over the floor. This little stinker, I told you it was out to get us, I wasn't kiddin!

And that my friends is why I don't cook. (Thanks for letting me steal the pictures from your blog Kerry)


Friday afternoon we went shopping and then to the St. George temple. It was gorgeous and they had all the Christmas decor set up.


Overall we had a blast just hangin out as a fam! We ate, talked, watched football, shopped and saw Harry Potter and Tangled. They were both really good, but Tangled was by far my fave! I highly recommend that eveyone go see it! Soo stinkin cute! And thanks McGuire's for letting us use your home!

On Saturday we got some family pictures taken in Vegas. Here's a little sneak peek from the photographer.
This one is my fave so far



No comments:

Post a Comment