Sometimes we just need to get out and go somewhere, so last weekend we went down to LA and visited Nate's friend Leo and his wife Lise (not sure on the spelling). We mainly went down to see Leo's football game, he plays for Santa Ana College. We all stayed in a hotel together that was close to the college to cut down on driving time, since we all know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to get around down there without getting stuck in traffic all day! Ridiculous!! Let me just say, I love hotels, but I do not love hotels that charge you $16 a night to park your car! I mean seriously? They are just packing on those fees like it's nothin! We also had some awesome neighbors! They were kind enough to wake us up at 2 o'clock in the morning while yelling, screaming even, in their native language and allowing their 10 children to attempt opening our door! I swear they had 20 people in that room! We had a blast though!!
We had some time before the game on Saturday so went to a cute little cupcake shop. I wish I rememebred where it was, and what it was called because it was adorable! I love cupcakes! They just make me happy, I think it is impossible to even say the word cupcake and not have a smile on your face! And this place was so stinkin cute! I took a couple pictures but they dont really do it justice due the fact that I am not a photog.

How cute is that? I just loved the wall color and the black and white everything else!


I guess I should mention that the cupcakes were really yummy too

And here we are after the game. Leo's team won! Woo hoo!
On a side note, we had young women in excellence yesterday for mutual and I had to make the cake. The theme was stand for truth and righteousness so we did a whole shoe thing. I needed to stick with the theme so I attempted making a shoe box cake. It didn't turn out quite like my inspiration photo but it wasn't terrible! I think the shoe looks pretty dang cute though!

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen! You are amazing!!!!
ReplyDelete